Stay on top of Social Media news ✨
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Instagram stories drafts are now available to all users.
- Added new sensitive content control options to better protect users from unwanted exposure.
- Is testing new option that would enable users to partner up on posts and reels.
- Rolled out language translation options within Instagram stories.
- Launched the first stage of testing for its new and upgraded Tweetdeck.
- Is looking to improve its recommendation systems by asking users to up and downvote replies.
- Is testing new vocal effects options for spaces, which could help to reduce speaker anxiety.
- Posted steady increases in users and revenue for Q2, with good growth in ad spend.
Q2 was a strong quarter with total revenue of $1.19 billion, up 74% year over year, reflecting better-than-expected performance across all major products and geographies. Strong revenue performance also drove better than expected profitability, with GAAP operating income of $30 million and GAAP operating margin of 3%.
- Clashed with the US government over vaccine misinformation.
- Partnered with Coursera on new digital skills training initiatives.
“Building on the success of our partnership with Coursera to support diverse job seekers, today Facebook is excited to announce upcoming plans to launch two additional career certificates, including roles in Marketing Analytics and Software Development. Building upon our Social Media Marketing Certificate, these career certificates will support learners with both transferable and technical skills they need to get a job. Like the Social Media Marketing professional certificate, these programs will also be self-paced and designed to be completed within 20 weeks, teaching foundational skills through project-based and online instructor-led learning.”
- Updated policies around the promotion of prescription drugs.
- Added new emoji search options in messenger, space jam chat theme.
- Explained data scraping amid reports of more data hacks and breaches.
- Made Arabic available as a language option on all platforms.
- Conducted new ‘#ForYou’ summit to provide marketing insights and tips
- Added new live-stream features, including live guests and q&a panels.
- Launched new 3D bitmoji, another step in its digital fashion push.
- Is now open to all users.
- Added new labels and search panels to prioritize official health advice.
- Is tapping into the popularity of BTS to boost its new ‘shorts’ option.
- Expanded super chat creator payment option beyond live-streams with ‘super thanks’.
- Is looking to join the audio social trend with group calls update.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.