What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Instagram says Stories drafts are coming soon.
- Instagram is also testing new quick reply stickers to Stories.
- Assesses potential emoji-style reactions, up and downvotes on tweets.
- Expands test pool for spaces on Android.
- Previews potential new account safety tools.
- Launches new update for Birdwatch.
- Is looking to launch audio-only rooms.
- Outlines its evolving efforts to combat misinformation.
Facebook is working to crack down on fake accounts and deceptive behaviour. For this, they have a global network of more than 80 independent fact-checkers, who review content in more than 60 languages.
- Tests new green screen creation option for Facebook Stories.
- Running another webinar on the coming impacts of iOS 14 for advertisers.
- Adds new tools to enable content creators and IP holders to detect and report violations.
- People have raised $5B through Facebook donation tools.
- Announces F8 refresh virtual showcase. Save the date — June 2, 2021.
- Working on a new remix feature for snaps.
- Android app will take a couple more months.
That’s all folks!