Stay on top of Social Media news!
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Shared tips to streamline your usage of the app
- To go back to the top of your main feed tap on the Home icon.
- To begin a keyword search press and hold on the search icon instead of tapping through to the Explore tab.
- To quickly switch between accounts double-tap on the profile tab.
- Tap and hold to pause Stories.
- Press and hold thumbnail image to look at the posts in the Explore tab.
- Rebranded ad options to simplify its promotional offerings.
The new categories are:
- Promoted Ads: These formats can feature images, videos, and various ad features. They can be used in multiple ways across each stage of the marketing funnel.
- Follower Ads: This format can be used to promote an account to a targeted audience to build awareness and attract new followers.
- Twitter Amplify: With Twitter Amplify advertisers can align their ads with premium video content from the most relevant publishers.
- Twitter Takeover: This category includes the most premium, mass-reach placements that drive results across the funnel by taking over the Timeline and Explore tab.
- Twitter Live: With Twitter Live, advertisers can broadcast their biggest moments to the world, and allow an audience to join in real-time.
- Published new ‘Global Impact’ report to highlight its social good efforts.
This report aims to bring all the Twitter initiatives together in one place, showcasing Twitter’s work across corporate responsibility, sustainability, and philanthropy. It’s a big step in our commitment to sharing more about the work we know is important to the people we serve — from our employees, or Tweeps, to partners, investors and the people around the world who use Twitter.
- Tested updated up and downvoting for comments in groups.
- Tested new page labels to help provide more context on posts.
- Launched tests of new clubhouse clone app. Check it out here.
- Launched new sticker pack to encourage vaccination.
- Added support for Zoom video calls to Portal TV, enabling users to conduct video meetings on TV sets. Read more.
- Added new features to help users celebrate Ramadan.
- Is testing QR codes as a new funds transfer tool in the US.
- Announced Creator Fund to support creators.
The $500,000 fund will go to small groups of creators from under-represented backgrounds.
- Launched ‘Creator Code’ to encourage positive interaction on the network.
- Launched Pinterest Ads in Brazil.
- Launched new wellness hub to encourage positive behaviour amongst the users.
- Announced new partnership with LiveRamp to help advertisers better target their campaigns. Read more.
- Added new music-triggered visual effects tools. Read more.
- Announced new partnership with IPG Mediabrands. Read more.
- Added new auto-captions feature to improve accessibility.
- Launched new support resources as part of Sexual Assault Awareness month.
- Provided new data on its efforts to limit user exposure to rule violating content.
- Added creator payments as it seeks to keep popular hosts aligned to the app.
Here’s how it works:
- To send a payment in Clubhouse, just tap on the profile of a creator (who has the feature enabled) and tap “Send Money”.
- Enter the amount you would like to send them. The first time you do this, you’ll be asked to register a credit or debit card.
- 100% of the payment will go to the creator. The person sending the money will also be charged a small card processing fee, which will go directly to our payment processing partner, Stripe. Clubhouse will take nothing.
- Acquired fashion recommendation app screenshop to advance its ecommerce efforts.
- Launched video ad experiments to help refine marketing approaches.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.