Stay on top of Social Media news
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Is testing a TikTok-like vertical feed presentation for explore.
- Implemented new initiatives to protect young users, including privacy defaults and ad targeting restrictions.
→ Defaulting young people into private accounts.
→ Making it harder for potentially suspicious accounts to find young people.
→ Limiting the options advertisers have to reach young people with ads.
- 60 second reels for everyone 🙌
- Tested new notifications for locked or suspended accounts.
- Is testing shopping module on business profiles.
- Added new spaces sharing options, new search tools to improve spaces discovery.
- Made a new pledge to help increase gender equality within the tech sector.
“By signing this pledge, companies commit to a three-year plan to learn about one or more groups of underrepresented inventors and identify opportunities to promote equitable opportunities for those groups. In an act of unprecedented transparency, they are also committing to anonymously report data, including their number of unique underrepresented inventors on patent applications. Facebook’s Patents, Licensing and Open Source Team helped create the pledge and recruit more than 20 organizations to sign.”
- Announced new women’s safety training events to help improve online safety and inclusion.
- Launched ‘campaign ideas generator’ to help businesses with their promotional efforts.
- Posted record full-year revenue result and continues to see strong growth in active sessions.
- Launched ‘my places’ to highlight local businesses of interest within the snap map.
“With My Places, Snapchatters can discover more than 30 million businesses, log their favourite local spots, and even find personalised recommendations informed by their friends and the global Snapchat community.”
- Launched new ‘campaign lab’ to help guide marketers on best snap ads approaches.
- Shared new insights into how friends connect in the app.
- Launched new ad campaign to maximize its growth momentum.
- Pinterest’s VP of tech outlined its evolving efforts to maximize inclusion and cater to all users.
Read the interview on Social Media Today.
- Added new pin insights to provide more performance insight.
- Added product tags in idea pins and provided new affiliate options for creators.
- Lost 24 million users as lockdowns ease and physical stores re-open around the world.
- Added new live-stream moderation tools as it eyes the next stage of live-stream shopping.
Go LIVE Together
Help for Hosts
Consider Before You Comment
- Added new connected tv ad improvements and new tools to maximize audio ad creative.
- Added in live-stream trailers and live polls as it builds its new streaming commerce options.
- Provided new archive options to permanently hide noisy group chats.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.
With Crowdfire, you can find curated content, schedule your posts, engage with your audience, deep-dive into analytics and create custom reports. Now introducing Social listening. Try it for free.