We know it has been slightly tedious to publish stories on Instagram via Crowdfire notifications.
So, as soon as Instagram announced the API updates, we jumped with joy and then to our desks to bring this feature to Crowdfire.
What is the new feature all about?
It’s super simple, just like how you can schedule as well as post images, videos, and Reels for a future date on Instagram, you can now post or schedule Instagram stories too.
How do I schedule Stories to Instagram via Crowdfire?
- Go to www.crowdfireapp.com and sign in using your social / email credentials.
- Now, tap the Compose option
- Select the Instagram account you’d like to publish a story to
- Then, tap the camera icon and select “Story” and then the image you’d like to upload from your desktop/ laptop
- Once done you can choose to post using the Best Time, Post Now, or Custom Time feature.
And you’re done.
The post will be auto-published to a time and date you’ve set it to 🙌
What aspect ratio is allowed by Instagram?
Story Image Specifications
- Format: JPEG
- File size: 8 MB maximum.
- Aspect ratio: We recommended 9:16 to avoid cropping or blank space
- Color Space: sRGB. Images using other color spaces will have their color spaces converted to sRGB
Story Video Specifications
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23–60 FPS.
- Picture size:
– Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
– Required aspect ratio is between 0.1:1 and 10:1 but we recommend 9:16 to avoid cropping or blank space
- Video bitrate: VBR, 25Mbps maximum
- Audio bitrate: 128kbps
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum
At the moment there are certain limitations from Instagram’s end while scheduling Stories to Instagram via Crowdfire and apps like Crowdfire.
- Stories expire after 24 hours.
- Support either video URL or Reels URL but not both.
- Publishing stickers is not supported.
Who is this available for on Crowdfire?
The feature is live and currently available for all users who have subscribed to the Plus, Premium, VIP, or Business plan and are accessing Crowdfire on the Web App.
We’re in the works and it’s rolling out for iOS super soon with Android to follow.
That’s it, folks!
Got a question? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org