Stay on top of Social Media news
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Launched a revised version of Instagram Lite app in 170 regions.
“Starting today, people in more than 170 countries will be able to download Instagram Lite in the Google Play Store to have a high-quality Instagram experience, no matter what network or device they’re on. We will be rolling out the app globally soon.”
- Is testing new auto-captions option for Stories.
NEW! @Instagram has added a ‘Captions’ sticker for Stories
You can now auto-caption videos in stories with a range of different styles… pic.twitter.com/cijk7nWGC3
— 🟣 Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) March 9, 2021
- Will enable advertisers to control who can reply to their promoted tweets.
- Will enable the option to save spaces and release it for everyone.
- Added option to switch off fleet reactions via DM.
- Previewed potential new Business Account Features as it seeks feedback on the next stage.
- Plans to launch spaces next month. Also, plans to add an option to tip the broadcaster.
- Faces potential ban in Russia over failure to remove ‘Banned Content’. Read more.
- Is testing a new, full-image display in tweet timelines and support for 4K images.
- Adds new monetization options for creators. This includes ads in short video clips.
New ways to make money on Facebook
- Earn revenue from short-form video: Making it possible for content creators to monetize all video types and testing sticker ads in Stories.
- Opening monetization to more content creators: Updating our in-stream ad eligibility so more video creators can access the program, opening access to in-stream ads for Live and expanding paid online events and fan subscriptions to more countries.
- Accelerating fan support: Making it easier for content creators to get access to fan support while growing consumer adoption via free Stars giveaways to viewers.
- Outlined the future of AR and plans for the next stage of computing.
“We classically think of input and output from the computer’s perspective, but AR interaction is a special case where we’re building a new type of wearable computer that’s sensing, learning, and acting in concert with users as they go about their day,” says Keller, who joined FRL Research to build a five-person team which has since grown to a team of hundreds of world-class experts in the span of just six years.
- Added holiday mode option to marketplace.
- Officially launched test option to share reels to Facebook.
- Unlocked LinkedIn learning courses for women to mark International women’s day.
- Added new comment review option providing more control for creators.
Read more about tools that promote kindness.
- Launched new iOS 14 resourced hub to help advertisers with upcoming changes.
- Announced new initiatives to fight COVID-19 vaccine misinformation.
Pinterest is combating COVID-19 vaccine misinformation by:
- Amplifying medical voices.
- Partnering with medical organizations that serve underrepresented groups.
- Supporting the AdCouncil’s national campaign.
- Showcasing authoritative content on Expert Search and Today Tab.
- Looks to provide more tools to tap into the rise of connected TV viewing.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.
With Crowdfire, you can find curated content, schedule your posts, engage with your audience, deep-dive into analytics and create custom reports. Now introducing Social listening. Try it for free.