What happened on Social Media this week 👇
So now you will able to decide if you want to show your likes or hide them.
- Remember we talked about Instagram for children, that is not happening.
- Introduces responsible Machine Learning initiative.
This will eventually impact the algorithm.
Responsible ML consists of the following pillars:
- Taking responsibility for our algorithmic decisions
- Equity and fairness of outcomes
- Transparency about our decisions and how we arrived at them
- Enabling agency and algorithmic choice
Researching and understanding the impact of ML decisions. We’re conducting in-depth analysis and studies to assess the existence of potential harms in the algorithms we use. Here are some analyses you will have access to in the upcoming months:
- A gender and racial bias analysis of our image cropping (saliency) algorithm
- A fairness assessment of our Home timeline recommendations across racial subgroups
- An analysis of content recommendations for different political ideologies across seven countries
- Will soon offer campaign budget optimization across platforms.
- Launched new legal action over attempted domain name abuse scams. Read more.
- Added new volunteer features for Earth day and share new data on climate change awareness.
- Added new scheduling options for Instagram and Facebook Stories.
- The independent oversight board will now be able to hear a broader range of content appeals.
- Launched new vaccine awareness prompts in news feeds to help maximize take-up.
- Added ‘stay-at-home mom’ and other job title options to help address career gaps.
- Launched a new AR art project which places digital ‘monuments’ across LA.
- Coming soon: Previews to ads and product display options.
- The android version is almost there.
- Reddit clubhouse clone might be on its way.
The front page of the internet may be getting a voice.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.