What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- New tools to protect users from abusive DMs and repeated unwanted contact.
When turned on, it will automatically block DMs containing offensive terms.
- Added a new option to add background video and images in fleets.
- Launched initial test of ‘professional profiles’ for brands and creators.
- Launched full support for 4k images in tweets.
- Announced a range of new audio tools, including audio rooms, new sound clip creation tools.
This will include:
1. Soundbites: A New Social Audio Format.
3. Live Audio Rooms in Facebook and Messenger.
- Will now let users transfer posts and notes to google docs, blogger and wordpress.
- Shared new insights into its evolving data privacy and protection efforts.
- Added suggested topics for users to follow in feeds.
- Is providing advice to help advertisers prepare for apple’s ios 14.5 update.
- Increased support for businesses from underserved communities via new initiative.
- Tested new video ad options, including updated targeting categories and Instagram reels ads.
- Launched vaccine awareness push as part of world immunization week.
- Rose to 280 million users, reported strong take-up of TikTok-like ‘spotlight’ option.
- Launched new ‘content claiming portal’ to better protect IP. Read more.
- Expanded Shopify integration, adds new promotion options for Shopify merchants.
“Discoverability is top of mind for Shopify merchants — and social commerce has been a driving factor in helping independent businesses build meaningful audiences, particularly throughout this last year when we saw installs of our social commerce channels grow 76%,” said Lola Oyelayo-Pearson, Director of UX, Channels and Financial Services at Shopify.
- Officially announced ‘Reddit talk’ audio meeting rooms feature.
- Secured new funding round at $4 billion valuation.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.