What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Tested new ‘Reshare’ sticker to highlight feed posts re-shared to Stories.
- Shared helpful overviews of DM controls and product tags in posts.
- Adds new ‘Pronouns’ option.
- Almost there, the verification process may start anytime now.
- Launched DM username search tools to Android.
- Tested new warning prompts to stop users from sharing articles they haven’t read.
- Shared new insights into its effort to help maximise COVID-19 vaccine take-up.
- Launched initial test of its audio rooms in Taiwan. Read more.
- Announced new tools and resources for Asian and Pacific Islander heritage month.
- Moved to the next stage of e-commerce testing.
- Is exploring new job listing and recruitment tools.
The pilot program is designed to help people find jobs on TikTok and connect with companies looking to find candidates. It’s also meant to help brands use TikTok as a recruitment channel.
- Added new safety centre guides to help parents and carers keep their kids safe.
- Launched new #FactCheckYourFeed initiative to promote digital literacy.
- Shared new insights into how users are celebrating Asian and Pacific Islander heritage month.
- The Android version is finally here.
- Is testing live-streaming functionality.
- Launched new $100 million fund for shorts creators, adds new creative tools for shorts clips.
New Shorts features include:
- Automatically add captions to your Short
- Record up to 60 seconds with the Shorts camera
- Add clips from your phone’s gallery to add to your recordings made with the Shorts camera
- Add basic filters to colour correct your Shorts, with more effects to come in the future
- Is expanding access to its new ‘clips’ option.
- Announced its first ever #BeautFest creator event.
- Announced new creative strategy agency to help brands maximize their on-platform campaigns.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.
With Crowdfire, you can find curated content, schedule your posts, engage with your audience, deep-dive into analytics and create custom reports. Now introducing Social listening. Try it for free.