What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Tests for new upload options on the desktop version have begun!
- New folders within bookmarks might be a thing in future.
- Paid features: Undo tweets and more under monthly subscriptions.
- New prompts asking them not to switch off data tracking have started showing up.
- Twitter is showing changes to the image posting process, and addressing algorithmic bias in visuals.
The verification process is now open.
To qualify for verification, you must fit the criteria of one of the six categories listed below:
- Companies, brands and organizations
- News organizations and journalists
- Sports and gaming
- Activists, organizers, and other influential individuals
How can you apply to get verified?
Over the next few weeks, everyone on Twitter will start to see the new verification application directly in the Account Settings tab. If you don’t see it right now, don’t worry, it will be available soon.
Here’s what the application flow will look like:
Once you submit your application, you can expect an emailed response from Twitter within a few days, but this could take up to a few weeks depending on how many open applications are in our queue.
If your application is approved, you’ll see the blue badge automatically on your profile.
If you think they made a mistake, reapply 30 days after receiving our decision on your application.
- Testing a new ‘About’ tab on user profiles to provide more context in various fields.
- Added scheduling for spaces, reminders to attendees.
- Launched live-stream shopping fridays.
Each Friday, three brands will go live around a common theme: Glow Up, New Fashion Finds and Self Care Spotlight.
- Glow Up — May 21, June 11 and July 2 12:00PM — 1:30PM PT/3:00PM — 4:30PM PT
- New Fashion Finds — May 28, June 18 and July 9 12:00PM — 1:30PM PT/3:00PM — 4:30PM PT
- Self Care Spotlight — June 4, June 25 and July 16 12:00PM — 1:30PM PT/3:00PM — 4:30PM PT
- Published latest update on content removals, fake accounts and hate speech.
- Is looking to expand paid events tools to host pay-per-view local sports.
- Launched ‘Idea Pins’ a revamped variation on Stories.
- Shared latest progress on inclusion and diversity initiatives.
- Outlined progress on Social Good initiatives in new CitizenSnap Report.
- Added new lenses and stickers in support of Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.
- Announced new features at partner summit, including ar-enabled spectacles and brand profiles.
Public Profiles for Businesses
Smarter and more powerful Snapchat Camera
The new way to shop — with Snap AR!
- Partnered with TSPA on a new initiative to provide support and training for content moderators.
- Added new bulk comment deletion and reporting tools to help improve the user experience.
- Outlined plan for next stage of android roll out.
- Previewed upcoming improvements for youtube studio, including auto-generated title suggestions.
- Announced new eCommerce tools, including improved Shopify integration and image discovery.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.