Stay on top of Social Media news ✨
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Instagram will be asking people for their birthdays to protect youngsters.
- Launched ’10 days of live shopping’ event to showcase its evolving eCommerce tools.
- Launched ‘super follows’ creator monetization option.
- Launched new ‘safety mode’ to help alleviate mental stress associated with tweet pile-ons.
- Is testing a range of new control options, including auto-archiving old tweets and hiding likes.
Archived tweets — Twitter may let users hide old tweets after a set amount of time. Tweets would be visible to the account holder, but not to anyone else. The company is considering a range of time options, including hiding posts after 30, 60, and 90 days, or hiding tweets after a full year. This product doesn’t have a launch date, and is still in the concept phase.
Removing followers — Users will soon be able to remove followers. This is currently only possible by blocking someone. Twitter plans to test this feature starting this month.
Leaving conversations –- Users will be given the option to remove themselves from a public conversation on Twitter. Today, only the person sending a tweet can choose who to mention. Twitter plans to test this before the end of the year.
- Shared insights into rising topic trends heading into fall.
- Provided holiday tips for shops.
- Make sure your catalog is up-to-date.
- Add all catalog fields.
- Represent your products well.
- Use several eye-catching visuals.
- Use one catalog for ads and shops.
- Be community-led.
- Get playful and creative.
- Stay mindful of price points.
- Showcase what fans love about your brand.
- Announced new experiment to reduce the reach of divisive political content in user feeds.
- Added new fantasy games element to tap into the rising popularity of fantasy sports.
- Provided updated overview of its verification guidelines for Facebook and Instagram.
To be verified, you must follow Facebook’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Requirements of the application process (available directly in the app)
- Your account must represent a real person, registered business or entity.
2. Your account must be the unique presence of the person or business it represents. Notable entities (for example pets or publications) are also eligible.
3. Only one account per person or business may be verified, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
4. Your account must be public and have an about section, bio, profile photo and at least one post.
5. Your account must represent a well-known, highly searched-for person, brand or entity.
- Announced new deals to enable gaming streamers to include popular music in their broadcasts.
- Rolled out quick ‘promote’ ad option to all business accounts.
“Starting this month, Promote is available to help businesses reach more people and grow their community with their TikTok videos. With Promote, you can turn any organic TikTok video into an ad, directly within the app. You can start reaching new audiences, build a following, and drive traffic to your business website.”
- Announced ‘TikTok World’ Showcase Event for September 28th.
- Launched creator marketplace API to facilitate more brand collaboration opportunities.
- Shutting down LinkedIn stories from the end of next month.
- Added new live-stream events for LinkedIn learning and listed most popular courses of 2021 thus far.
20 Most Popular LinkedIn Learning Courses of the Year.
- Opened 6000 seat ‘Youtube Theater’ where it will host a range of IRL events.
- Launched ‘creator commons’ resource hub to help guide your platform strategy.
- Added spatial audio and is now averaging 700k rooms per day.
- Added new option to place promotions within post reply threads.
Reddit users contribute to more than 350,000 conversations on the platform every day, with 42% of the average Reddit user’s time spent in a conversation thread.
Reddit users thrive on conversations and are highly engaged in unique dialogues around their passions. Conversation Placement is an opportunity for all Reddit advertisers to drive engagement on the platform, positioning themselves right where people are connecting with one another, in a way they can’t on any other platform,” said Reddit Global EVP and President of Advertising, Harold Klaje.
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.
With Crowdfire, you can find curated content, schedule your posts, engage with your audience, deep-dive into analytics and create custom reports. Now introducing Social listening. Try it for free.