When the pandemic started, everyone was going live left, right and centre and then it kind of started dipping. The interest, the enthusiasm, the quality of content – everything. Also, once the reels took the center stage other formats had to move a bit.
But hey, now is the time to use these lives more strategically than just doing it randomly. So, how to do it right? I have some tips and tricks to help you make your lives better, to get you more views and better engagement.
Instagram live best practices
- Charge your phone, any other devices you might need and make sure you have a good internet connection. No one likes to watch a live with a bad quality video, it only hurts your eyes. Similarly, if your phone is about to die, your live will be cut off randomly or your might have to stop it sooner than you wanted to. You don’t want to be in this situation.
- Avoid external mircrophones. You might be tempted to use them as they are good for your videos but for lives, not really, External microphones lead to bad quality sound and that can lead to viewer drop-offs.
- Test your live. If you’re new to this, it is a good idea to test your live on a private account and then go for it on your main account. Having finsta is a good thing 🙌
- If you’re going to have guests, follow them and ask them to follow you. This will make it easier to find them once the live starts. Also, there is nothing wrong with following someone, it just shows a good relationship.
How to make your Instagram live fun
- Use AR effects during the live. Some of the filters can be fun and can help you be more confident.
- Use stickers, polls etc to make your live more interactive.
- Do a live with question sticker. That is, ask a question and then do a live to answer all the questions.
- Interact with your audience by sending wave 👋 when they join.
- Do a fundraiser live.
Preparing for a live
- Make sure you plan your live. If you pre-decide the time, you can add a countdown sticker for your audience.
- Plan your content. Don’t go in with a blank mind. Do think it through. Even if it is a Q&A, having some answers ready or knowing what to say makes things better.
- Choose a space that is well lit or has a lot of natural light. You want video quality to be good.
- Prepare a cover image for posting this live to your IGTV in advance, write your caption and keep your hashtags ready.
- If you forget to save your live instantly, you can find it in your Archives for 30 days. Download it from there.
Alright, so that is all from me. Now, you are ready to go live and have fun 🚀
Got more tips? Share with us in the comment section 👇