If you’re craving to get more views on your social media profiles…you’re not alone. Today, in the age of social media, having an active and engaging online presence is essential for building relationships, growing your audience, and reaching your business goals.
So whether you’re a small business, entrepreneur, content creator, or even a layman, in this blog post, we’ll explore 9 proven tips and tricks for getting more views on your social media profile. These are proven because these strategies are backed by research and opinions of industry experts who understand the social media game inside out.
If you’re just starting out on social media, a seasoned pro, or in between, these 9 strategies ahead will help you to attract more views and engagement on your profile.
So, let’s dive in…shall we?
1. Use hashtags, the right way
Adding relevant hashtags to your social media posts will increase your visibility, and help you reach a wider audience.
Hashtags help you connect with other users who are interested in the same topics or themes as your posts. By using hashtags, you can join conversations and engage with other users who share your interests.
Plus, hashtags can also help you track the performance of your posts and analyze the effectiveness of your overall social media strategy. By using hashtags and tracking their performance, you can identify the types of content that perform well and optimize your strategy to get more views on your posts.
But use hashtags the right way.
Ramunas Berkmanas, Digital Marketing Specialist at Ramberk, says, “So many people use hashtags, and so many of them use hashtags the wrong way. They’d be using incredibly competitive hashtags and wondering why their posts aren’t getting too many eyeballs. Or they’d attach too many hashtags. Or, worse, they’d use irrelevant hashtags just because those irrelevant hashtags are trending. People…keep the use of hashtags simple, limited, and on-the-subject.”
To use hashtags in your social media posts the right way, follow these steps:
- Research popular hashtags in your niche: Use hashtag research tools or look at the hashtags used by other users in your industry to identify popular and relevant hashtags to use in your posts.
- Use a mix of broad and specific hashtags: Use a mix of broad and specific hashtags to reach a wider audience and target specific users. For example, you could use a broad hashtag like #homeimprovement, as well as a specific hashtag like #DIYgardenprojects.
- Don’t overuse hashtags: Use a maximum of 2–3 hashtags per post, as using too many hashtags can make your posts appear spammy and decrease their visibility.
- Use hashtags consistently: Use the same hashtags consistently in your posts to create a branded hashtag and build a community around it.
- Track the performance of your hashtags: Use analytics tools to track the performance of your hashtags and identify which ones are getting the most views and engagement.
- Use tools: Use tools like Crowdfire, Social Sprout or Buffer to discover the best relevant and working hashtags for your niche.
Here’s an example of using hashtags in your posts (see the image below). Around the main hashtag #gardening, there are surrounding relevant hashtags that will also help you boost your posts’ views.
2. Engage with other users
Comment on and like other users’ posts, and engage in conversations with them. This can help increase your profile visibility and attract more followers.
In return, other users will be more likely to engage with your posts and content — as engagement breeds engagement. By commenting on and liking other users’ posts, you can create a sense of community around your profile, which will result in regular post views.
Also, when you engage with other users, their followers may see your comments and be interested in your profile — leading them to follow you.
We asked Jonathan Merry, Founder & CEO at Bankless Times if he could tell us the secret to why engaging with users on social media can increase profile visibility, he answered; “If you don’t know, social media platforms’ algorithms are designed in a way that they reward profiles that engage with each other. Platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn, and more, want their users to get social. That’s the trick of the trade you should follow.”
To engage with other users on social media, follow these steps:
- Identify users in your niche or industry: Use the search function on social media to find users who are interested in the same topics or themes as your profile. You can also look at the followers of other users in your niche to find potential connections.
- Follow and connect with these users: Follow the users you have identified and send them a connection request or direct message. Introduce yourself and let them know why you are interested in connecting with them.
- Engage with their content: Comment on and like the posts of the users you are following. Engage in conversations and discussions with them, and share your thoughts and opinions on their content.
- Share their content: Repost or share the content of the users you are engaging with, and give them credit by mentioning them in your post. This can help increase their visibility and attract more engagement to their content.
- Collaborate and partner with them: Once you have established a connection with other users, consider collaborating or partnering with them on a project or venture. This can help increase the visibility of both your profiles and attract more followers to your profile.
- Take part in relevant trends: Keep an eye on relevant trends in your niche. And then create content around those trends. You’ll automatically engage other users in your domain, through your trending content.
By following these steps, you can engage with other users on social media and build relationships with them, resulting in more views.
3. Focus on publishing visual content
Posts with images, videos, and other visual elements tend to get more views and engagement than text-only posts.
Research discovered that visual content gets 40 times more shares on social media, as compared to text-only posts.
40 times! That’s huge.
Using visual content on your social media profile is important for several reasons:
First of all — obviously — visual content tends to perform better than text-only posts, with studies showing that posts with images or videos get more views and engagement than text-only posts.
Secondly, visual content can also help you stand out from other users on social media. With the infinite amount of content being shared on social media, it’s incredibly difficult to capture users’ attention. By using high-quality and engaging visual content, you’ll grab users’ attention, stand out from the crowd, and steal more views.
Thirdly, visual content can also help you communicate your message more effectively and efficiently. Visual content is often more effective at conveying complex ideas or concepts, as it can combine text, images, and videos to create a more engaging and comprehensive message.
In short, our brain loves and craves visual content.
To use visual content in your social media posts, follow these steps:
Identify the right type of content:
Consider the type of content that will be most effective at conveying your message and engaging your audience. This could be images, videos, infographics, or other types of visual content. One tip to discover the right type of content is by looking at your top-performing competitors. For instance, if your top competitors are getting more traction with videos, then you should also double down on videos.
Quality is the Key:
Create high-quality visual content that is professional, engaging, and relevant to your message. This could involve creating your own images or videos, or using stock photos or videos. If you’re a solopreneur, small content creator, or small business, you can use Canva — which is not only a great source of creating high-quality social media content, but also it’s free. (With Pro membership available)
Optimize your visual content for each platform:
Different social media platforms have different requirements for visual content, such as image size and aspect ratio. Make sure your visual content is optimized for each platform to ensure it looks aesthetic.
Facebook: For images, the recommended size is 1200 x 628 pixels. For videos, the recommended size is 1200 x 675 pixels for landscape videos, and 1200 x 1200 pixels for square videos. For stories, 1080 x 1920 with a 9:16 ratio.
Instagram: For images, the recommended size is 1080 x 1080 pixels for square images, and 1080 x 566 pixels for landscape images. For videos, the recommended size is 1080 x 1080 pixels for square videos, and 1080 x 566 pixels for landscape videos. For stories, 1080 x 1920 with a 9:16 ratio.
Twitter: For images, the recommended size is 1024 x 512 pixels. For videos, the recommended size is 1200 x 675 pixels for landscape videos, and 1200 x 1200 pixels for square videos.
LinkedIn: For images, the recommended size is 1200 x 627 pixels. For videos, the recommended size is 1200 x 627 pixels for landscape videos, and 1200 x 1200 pixels for square videos.
Use captions and hashtags to contextualize your visual content:
Use captions and hashtags to contextualize your visual content and provide additional information or context. This can help users understand your message and increase the visibility of your post.
Analyze and optimize your visual content:
Use analytics tools to track the performance of your visual content and identify the types of content that perform best.
4. Share user-generated content
Reposting content created by your followers can increase engagement and build a sense of community around your profile.
UGC can help to build trust and credibility with your audience. Why? Because you’ll be showcasing real people who are using your products or services and are getting fruitful results.
Plus, UGC can also help to drive traffic to your profile by providing fresh, relevant, and interesting content that is likely to be shared by others.
The best part? It’s free.
Surprisingly, 87% of brands use UGC — not only for the sake of publishing content on social media, but also to make more sales.
Sean Stevens, Director of Immerse Education, says “Even if you’re just a solo content creator, UGC is still effective for you in a sense that it feels more personal, authentic, and instills trust.”
Here’s how to use UGC:
- Identify the types of user-generated content that you want to feature on your social media profile. This could include photos, videos, reviews, testimonials, or any other type of content that has been created by people who use your products or services. Or follow you.
- Reach out to your customers/followers and ask them to submit their content. You can do this through email, social media, or any other channels that you have. Be sure to provide clear instructions on what type of content you are looking for, how it should be submitted, and any other relevant details. This will also increase customer satisfaction.
- Create a system for organizing and reviewing the user-generated content that you receive. This could involve creating a dedicated folder or database where you can store and access the content, as well as a process for reviewing and approving the content before it is published. You can use Google Drive, which is absolutely free for up to 15GB.
- Get ideas from the comment section. People leave awesome comments on posts. Use those comments to get post ideas, or even copy those comments, and publish them as posts. Don’t forget to give credit.
5. Collaborate with influencers or content creators
Partnering with influencers in your niche can help you reach a larger audience and get more views on your profile.
Influencers are individuals with a large following on social media who have the ability to influence their audience’s purchasing decisions.
By partnering with influencers, you can tap into their audience and gain exposure to a new group of potential customers.
You can do that through sponsored posts, collaborations, or other forms of content creation.
If you’re a solopreneur or small business, consider partnering with ‘micro influencers’.
If you don’t know, Micro-influencers are individuals with a relatively small but highly engaged following on social media. They typically have between 1,000 and 20,000 followers, and their audience is often highly loyal and engaged. Micro-influencers are known for their authentic and relatable content, which can help YOU to build trust and credibility amongst their followers.
Many small businesses or individual content creators partner with micro-influencers as part of their social media marketing strategy, as they can provide massive exposure to a targeted and engaged audience at a lower cost — compared to working with larger influencers with over a million followers.
Brands love working with these influencers as they’re often responsive, reachable, and affordable. See the research image below:
Here’s how to partner up with micro-niche influencers:
- Identify the Right Influencers: Identify your target audience and the types of influencers who are likely to have a strong connection with them. This could include influencers in your industry, influencers who have a similar target audience, or influencers who align with your brand’s values and message.
- Research and Compile the List: Compile the list of potential micro-influencers to partner with. Use a tool like SocialBlade to find influencers in your niche, and analyze their engagement and audience demographics to determine their potential value.
- Reach Out: Reach out to the influencers on your list and introduce yourself and/or your brand. Be sure to explain why you think they would be a good fit for your partnership and what you hope to achieve through the collaboration.
- Negotiate the terms of the partnership: Talk about the type of content that will be created, the compensation or benefits that the influencer will receive, and any other details that are relevant to the collaboration.
- Get on It: Once the partnership is established, work closely with the influencer to create high-quality, engaging content that will resonate with their audience. This could include sponsored posts, product reviews, or other forms of content that align with the influencer’s style and message.
- Monitor and Track the Performance: See how partnership impacts your social media presence and engagement. Use this information to refine your approach and continue to improve the effectiveness of your influencer partnerships.
6. Run contests and giveaways
Running contests and giveaways can increase engagement and attract more followers to your profile.
Contests and giveaways will encourage your followers to take specific actions, such as liking and sharing your posts, commenting on your content, or tagging friends in your posts. This can help to increase the reach of your content, bringing it to the attention of a wider audience.
Plus, contests and giveaways will generate buzz and excitement around your brand, which will definitely lead to increased engagement and more followers.
Wait till you hear this:
Around 89% of industries are using contests and giveaways to gain more traction and sell more products.
Why? Because these types of posts have a conversion rate of 34% — which is the highest of all content types.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Determine the goals of your contest or giveaway, such as increasing engagement, driving traffic to your website, or generating leads.
- Choose a prize that will be appealing to your target audience and aligns with your brand.
- Create clear and concise rules for the contest or giveaway, including how to enter, eligibility requirements, and the timeline for the contest.
- Create promotional content for the contest or giveaway, including posts, images, and videos that will be shared on your social media channels.
- Launch the contest or giveaway and promote it through your social media channels. Be sure to include a call to action that encourages your followers to participate.
- Monitor and track the performance of the contest or giveaway, and use this information to refine your approach and improve the effectiveness of future contests or giveaways.
- Choose a winner and fulfill the prize. Be sure to announce the winner on your social media channels and thank all participants for their involvement.
7. Stay consistent — that’s the trick to winning.
Consistently posting high-quality content and engaging with your followers can help increase the visibility of your profile over time.
If you stay consistent on your social media profiles, you can expect a few wonderful things to happen:
First, your followers will come to know what to expect from you, and they will be more likely to engage with your content. They’ll anticipate your content, and will look forward to taking advice or getting entertainment. This will lead to an increase in likes, comments, and shares — which, ultimately, helps to boost your social media views.
Additionally, consistency can also help to build trust and credibility with your followers — as you’ll be someone who regularly shows up for their audience.
Here’s how to stay consistent:
- Choose a posting schedule and stick to it. Determine how often you want to post and make sure to consistently post at those times.
- Develop a content plan. Determine the types of content you want to share, and plan out what you will post in advance. This ensures that you are always posting high-quality content that is on-brand and relevant to your audience.
- Engage with your audience. Respond to comments and messages, and make an effort to connect with other users. This fosters a sense of community and keeps your followers coming back for more.
- Use social media management tools. These tools help you to schedule posts in advance, analyze your performance, and manage multiple accounts from one place. This can save you time and make it easier to stay consistent.
- Be authentic. You won’t hear this advice anywhere. Staying authentic will help you build a presence that goes a long way. You can’t fake forever. Share content that is true to who you are, and be transparent about your experiences and opinions. This will build trust and credibility amongst your followers, making your content more engaging.
Miriam Domer, the Content Marketer at Legal Finders, says, “Stay consistent not just with your schedule, but with your post types, colors, voice, and visuals. That will make you ‘brandish’, leading to more followers and business opportunities over time.”
8. Bring Traffic from One Social Media Profile to Another
Bringing traffic from one social media platform to another is a trick of the trade to boost your social media profile views.
It helps to expand your reach and introduce your content to a new audience. For example, if you have a large following on Instagram but not as much on Twitter, use your Instagram account to promote your Twitter account, by encouraging your followers to follow you there. That will increase your overall profile views.
Here’s how to do it:
- Identify the social media platforms where you have the most followers and the highest engagement. These are the platforms where you will want to focus your efforts to bring traffic to your other accounts.
- Create content that is relevant and engaging to your audience on each platform. This will ensure that your followers are interested in what you have to say and are more likely to click on the links that you share.
- Share links to your other social media accounts in your bio or profile on each platform. This will make it easy for your followers to find and follow you on other platforms.
- Share posts from your other social media accounts on the platform where you have the most followers and engagement. That will introduce your content to a new audience and encourage them to follow you on other platforms.
- Use unique hashtags to increase visibility and reach a broader audience. This will help you to bring new followers to your other social media accounts and increase traffic from one platform to another.
- Simply ask your followers to follow you on other platforms.
9. Publish posts at the right time
Publishing posts at the right time is important because it ensures that your content is seen by the maximum number of people.
“Many ignore this simple point, but it’s no secret that if you post at times when your audience is most active, your content is more likely to be seen, liked, commented on, and shared, which will boost your profile or post views”, says Tom Miller, Director of Marketing at Fitness Volt.
But what’s the right time to publish?
Well, that’s a long-debatable question. Multiple sources on the web claim multiple things.
We asked Derek Bruce, Operations Director at Skills Training Group about it, and he said; “Forget what everyone is claiming to be “the best” time to post on social media. At the end of the day, it depends upon your specific audience. It’s your responsibility to research and discover when your audience is free and is scrolling on social media. Post according to that. It’s simple if you think about it.”
Let’s say, your audience is 9–5 office staff. They’re probably on their phone at breakfast time, during lunch break time, or after 5 PM.
Here are a few ways to identify the right time to publish on social media:
- Use social media analytics tools to see when your audience is most active on each platform. Most social media platforms have built-in analytics tools that can provide data on when your followers are online and most likely to engage with your content.
- Monitor the engagement on your posts to see when you receive the most likes, comments, and shares. This can give you an idea of when your audience is most likely to engage with your content and help you to identify the best times to post.
- Use a social media scheduling tool to schedule your posts at the times that have proven to be most effective. Most scheduling tools allow you to set specific times for your posts, and some even have algorithms that can automatically choose the best times based on your audience and engagement data.
- Experiment with different posting times to see which ones work best for your audience. You can try posting at different times of the day and on different days of the week to see which times result in the most engagement. Over time, you can use this data to determine the best times to publish on social media.
Concluding: Ready to Steal More Attention on Social Media?
Getting more views on your social media profile is critical to growing your online presence, building relationships, and reaching your goals. By following the tips and strategies outlined in this blog post, you can increase your visibility, attract more followers, and engage with your audience in a meaningful way.
If you were to leave with only one key point from this post, that should be staying consistent.
Joshua George, Founder of ClickSlice, reinforced this point when we asked him if he could give us one best tips for growing on social media. He said, “Even if you’re starting from absolute zero, and you understand nothing about social media marketing, just know that staying consistent alone will do wonders for you. You’ll improve your game along the way, learn more cool stuff about social media, and how it works.”
Just stop overthinking it. Start acting upon the strategies listed above. And stay consistent.
Results are just around the corner.
So that’s it. I hope you’ve found this post helpful. If you’ve questions, leave a comment below. I will be glad to answer.