Stay on top of Social Media news!
Here’s what happened on Social Media platforms this week!
- Provided an update on its efforts to eliminate potential systemic bias on the platform.
The team will now focus on three areas:
- Helping every Instagram employee prioritize building equitable products and tools.
- Promoting fairness on the platform through our technology and automated systems.
- Using Instagram to create more opportunities for empowerment.
- Is working on creator shops and a ‘branded content marketplace’ for influencers.
Mark Zuckerberg said Instagram needs a bigger ‘creator middle class.’
- Added new options to switch off your audio or video during an IG live broadcast.
“We want to build on our Live product and offer even more ways for our creator community to drive serendipitous, engaging conversation with each other and their audience,” an Instagram spokesperson told Voicebot in an emailed statement. “By giving people the option to mute their audio or turn off their video, hosts will have the added flexibility for their livestream experience, as the added functionality could help decrease pressure to look or sound a certain way while broadcasting live.”
- Launched first edition of ‘Instagram Insider’ digital magazine, highlighting platform trends.
Instagram Adds New Options to Switch Off Your Audio or Video During an IG Live Broadcast
In what looks to be a response to the rising popularity of Clubhouse, and audio social more broadly, Instagram is…
- Announced new prompts to help boost covid-19 vaccination efforts.
- Announced new integration with Spotify enabling users to listen to music and podcasts in-stream.
- Partnered on a new program to provide digital skills training to minority communities. Read more.
- Messenger launched a new initiative to celebrate the work of influential teachers and educators.
- Posted strong revenue result, though active user growth is slowing in key markets.
- Launched a new push to boost covid-19 vaccine messaging within vulnerable communities.
- Will soon enable businesses to create facebook ads within whatsapp’s business tools.
- Continues to see ‘record engagement’ according to latest performance update.
- Published top 50 companies to work for in 2021 listing, based on platform data.
- 478 million users and strong revenue result for Q1.
- Announced new funding and assistance initiatives for mental health awareness month.
Searches for the following mental health and well-being topics have increased:
- Mental health tattoos (13x)
- Mental well-being quotes (11x)
- Yoga meditation space (8x)
- Mental glow up (3.5x)
- Mental health challenge (2.7x)
- Announced new european ‘transparency and accountability center’. Read more.
- Launched lead generation ads to help advertisers collect audience information.
- Announced new tools and initiatives for Asian American and pacific islander heritage month.
- Acquired 3d mapping company pixel8earth to expand ar capabilities.
- Shared update on internal and external diversity efforts, including a re-think of its camera tools.
- Announces exclusive content deal with NFL, its first official sports partnership.
- Announced exclusive content partnership with the NBA.
- 49% jump in ad revenue as video consumption behaviours evolve.
That is $6 billion in ad revenue for Q1.
That’s all folks!