Stay on top of Social Media news!
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Launched caption sticker.
- Audio Spaces opened for all users with over 600 followers.
- Launched new campaign in support of press freedom and local journalists.
- Acquired news content subscription platform scroll to advance its creator revenue tools.
- Launched ‘I wish I knew’ podcast to provide insight into how it utilizes audience research.
- Launched updated offensive comment alerts on both ios and android.
- Announced new, exclusive video programming at 2021 NewFronts event.
- Launched live test of ‘tip jar’ to enable on-profile donations.
- Pushed ahead with plans for full end-to-end encryption of its messaging tools. Read more.
- Outlined advances in computer vision and object identification tech.
- Updated ios 14.5 prompt to encourage users to keep data tracking on.
- Added new safety features and creative tools for Asian and Pacific islander heritage month.
- Launched new mother’s day promotion for its portal smart speaker device.
- Added new emotional health resources to mark mental health awareness month.
- Announced 2021 community accelerator grant program to assist facebook community leaders.
- Facebook Workplace reached 7 million paid subscribers.
- Facebook’s Oversight Board upholds former President Trump’s suspension, finds Facebook failed to impose a proper penalty.
- Launched Nextdoor-like ‘Neighborhoods’ tool in Canada, plans for broader roll-out.
- Added new messaging features, including chat themes and read receipts on Instagram.
- Provided tips on how to maximize career resilience by building your LinkedIn network.
- Announced new initiatives to celebrate Asian and Pacific Islander heritage month. Read more.
- Launched Pinterest ads in Mexico.
- ByteDance CFO Shouzi Chew named TikTok CEO in dual role and Vanessa Pappas named TikTok COO. Read more.
- TikTok joins the Technology Coalition. Read more.
- Added new app login and audio integration options to its developer tools.
- Previewed new original shows, creator marketplace to facilitate brand/influencer partnerships.
- Shared new insights into shopping trends around the return to school.
- Tested new timed comments in video playback to provide more context and maximize engagement.
- Announced expansion of Shorts to all us users and added a new shorts tab to improve discovery.
- Moved to the next stage of testing for android app and continued to develop payment tools.
- Announced the finalists for its ‘creator first’ development support program. Read more.
- Rolled out expanded image display in messaging threads.
That’s all folks!