When we talk about marketing strategy for an insurance firm, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Is it the brochures, running Ads on television or newspapers? Well, these methods are classic and certainly worth approaching.
However, we live in an era that’s entirely digitized; every process is preferred to be done online, even buying insurance policies. Yes, you read that right. Now the customers have taken the path of digital exchange and that also covers getting information about insurance companies online.
People want quick information, and a website or a social media presence can cater to your potential prospects’ needs in a better way. Having an online presence makes a big impact on an insurance firm, therefore in this article, we’re going to talk about how every insurance firm can leverage digital marketing in 2021.
Evolution of Digital Marketing in the Insurance Sector
At this time, a digital transformation is much needed in the insurance sector. It’s the era of Gen Z, and the ones in their 20s are certainly looking to purchase insurance policies. So, if you want to engage with them, digital marketing is the only way to successfully execute your strategy.
The rise in the usage of digital marketing platforms has already started; you’ll notice more and more insurers going digital and build a solid platform for themselves. In fact, Deloitte published data that says 95% of insurers expect increased usage of advanced analytics over the next three years.
To enhance customer experience and improve ROI, it’s crucial to utilize technology to your advantage. Digital marketing has a major influence on businesses, therefore if you want to scale your business, you need to implement digital marketing strategies and connect with a larger audience. This approach increases opportunities and helps you build lasting relations with potential customers.
So, embrace the change and get started with the new phase that’s going to get your business to next level. Now, let’s first find out the benefits digital marketing offers to an insurance company.
Benefits of Digital Marketing for Insurance Companies
- Growing brand value
- Acquiring more customers
- Increased visibility
- Higher conversion
One of the main advantages of digital marketing is being able to grow your brand value with consistent outreach and helpful resources. Eliminate the gap between customers and your company; make your company more accessible to your audience by posting engaging content, using CTAs at the right time and providing value.
When an insurance company is just a click away, more and more prospects will be inclined to purchase from a website rather than go through an exhaustingly long manual process. Create a community that’s the right fit for your company and start capturing more leads.
Generally, everyone at least once does an online search for a product/service they’re looking for. And when your content is optimized with a strong website, you have more chances to appear on their search results.
With lead segmentation and data analysis, you can target specific audience groups that are proactively engaging with the insurance sector.
Moreover, when you have an exceptional online presence, your existing audience is more likely to refer your company to others. This simple process can increase qualified leads and boost your sales.
Leverage digital marketing strategies to grow your insurance agency
Website for your Insurance Firm
To tap into digital marketing, the first step should be creating the website for your insurance firm. Build a website that is customer-friendly, eye-catching and provides relevant information. An ideal website is created when you consider and implement various factors, and below we’ve provided tips on how you can leverage digital marketing to grow your insurance agency.
- Content Production and marketing
- Email campaigns
- Providing interactive and relevant content – You will only acquire qualified leads when your content is in sync with your audience. Even when you’re selling insurance policies, you can create infographics to educate your audience, share webinars to engage, produce guides, articles and whitepapers to provide insider information on your company. Apart from generating leads through interactive content, it will help you to establish authority in your niche and among your targeted audience.
Source – MV Insurance Solutions
The above image is a form of an infographic that also provides guidance to the customers of the insurance company. Visual information creates a bigger impact, therefore when you present it in form of infographic, it’s more likely to catch attention.
- Updated information – Your website must stay up-to-date with new policy implementation or any updates concerning your existing customers or prospects. This helps customers take informed decisions.
- Inbound marketing – Create content tailored for your demographic; find a way to provide solutions to your customers and you’ll be able to capture more leads. These leads can be directly added into your Insurance CRM, if you’ve integrated it with your website. Inbound marketing is perfect for guiding top-of-the-funnel traffic towards the bottom and converting them into customers.
- SEO practices to improve visibility on Search Engines – A website will only deliver results when it’s constantly optimized. Do your keyword research, perform on-page and off-page SEO activities accrodingly. Use Google Analytics to get actionable insights. When your Domain Authority (DA) is high, your website gains credibility and appears on more search results.
- User-friendly website – While developing a website, take your customer’s perspective into account. Make it easier for them to browse through the website with smooth navigation and helpful CTAs.
Email marketing is a focused approach towards connecting with potential prospects. When a visitor subscribes to your email list from your website or other social media platforms, you get a chance to create a lasting impression on them with smart emails.
Source – Oberlo
When we talk about email users, the numbers speak for themselves. Majority of the population is using emails, which makes it the ideal platform for connecting with others.
i) Segment email list
Personalize the outreach by segmenting your email list. You can segment your subscribers based on their preferences so you can send targeted emails. When you send an email that resonates well with your prospect, it’ll get them intrigued and will increase the open rate.
For example, if there’s any offer or updates in insurance policies, you should send the email stating about the same to the audience that has already reached out to you for enquiring about your insurance policy. This will move them closer towards the sales funnel and help you gain more customers.
ii) A/B testing
A/B testing in email marketing is an essential approach to diversify your reach. By creating multiple variations of an email subject line, you can determine which subject line works best among your subscribers.
Below are some stats that reflect how companies that practice A/B testing have noticed a spike in their conversion rate.
Source – Kadencedigital
iii) Personalized campaigns
Know what your customer wants, and deliver exactly that, even a little bit more!
Make your emails more interactive; encourage them to engage by using smart CTAs and personalize the communication. Moreover, you can also utilize email open and click tracking to set-up automated follow-ups that gets triggered just as your prospect opens the email. This way, you can reach your subscribers at the right time.
For example, when you’re sending out a newsletter, you could also add a sneak peek of the new policies that have been introduced so your prospect gets intrigued and visits the website for further information.
iv) Automated emails
An insurance company handles a lot of prospects and customers, therefore it’s impossible to manually engage with each of them. In such a scenario, you can send automated emails that keeps engaging with them and provides guidance. Regular newsletters, updates and announcements, and information regarding new policies sent via email have a higher impact.
When you have a set of subscribers that have shown interest in your insurance policies, you can set up automated emails that continues the nurturing process and keeps engaging with them at every touch point.
Below is an example of email campaign by an insurance company. As you can see, the heading catches your eye at first glance. Moreover, it accentuates the insurance policy price as it’s affordable and gives a competitive edge. The email content below is crisp, to the point and explains the step of purchasing an insurance policy in easy way.
This approach is straightforward and encourages the subscriber to visit the website and get more information about the insurance policy. And by adding the links to the insurance company’s other social media platforms, it allows customers to communicate with the company with ease.
Utilize social media platforms to increase visibility
Social media marketing is something that every insurance company needs. Your prospect might be looking for a product or service that you offer, but when they can’t find you on social media, you might lose them to your competitor. In order to reach the maximum audience, you need to start using social media tools right away.
- By creating content that reflects your brand image, you get to build awareness about your company among interested prospects. So next time they look for any insurance policy, they’ll first reach out to your company.
- One of the positive aspects of social media is you can reach out and engage with the right audience. Social media platforms consist of different communities that come together, and you can leverage that to build lasting relationships with potential leads.
- If you’re not consistent on social media, you’re non-existent. People want some new information every day, and when they come across a company account that’s not proactive in content production and sharing, they’re less likely to trust the company.
- Social listening allows you to know what people are talking about your brand on social media and other digital platforms. Thus, by knowing likes and dislikes of users, you’ll be able to serve them better and improve their experience.
- You have the benefit of retargeting the visitors after you acquire their contact information. Once a visitor subscribes to a newsletter, you can start nurturing them by providing helpful information and guide them through the process.
For example, if you are about to launch a new insurance policy, you can prepare banners and images and share them on your social media platform before a couple of days of the launch. So, by sharing about the upcoming updates, you can get your audience engaged and increase the visits to the website.
It’s imperative to change your approach when it’s needed, and digital marketing in the insurance sector can certainly work wonders. It breaks the barrier between a company and a customer by building a communication channel that’s reliable.
So, if you want to take your insurance firm to next level, you need to start leveraging digital marketing strategies.
With Crowdfire, you can find curated content, schedule your posts, engage with your audience, deep-dive into analytics and create custom reports. Now introducing Social listening. Try it for free.