Stay on top of Social Media news!
What happened on Social Media this week 👇
- Tested ‘Fan Club’ stories and NFT style collectibles in-app.
- Is testing new content recommendations within the main feed.
- Launched live test of image and video uploads from the desktop version of the app.
- Opened up public applications for ticketed spaces and super follows.
- Announced full ios launch of tweet sharing to Instagram stories.
- Added Indian payment provider Razorpay to tip jar options.
- Launched live audio rooms and podcast playback in-stream.
Live Audio Room hosts can also select a nonprofit or fundraiser to support during their conversation, and listeners and speakers can directly donate.
- Shared new insights into how users engage with the Olympic games.
- Added new post control options in groups, helping to guide group interactions.
- Announced the next stage of its eCommerce push, including shops on WhatsApp and visual search.
New commerce features coming to support businesses and make shopping easier: Shops on WhatsApp and Marketplace, Instagram Visual Search and Shops Ads.
Instagram Visual Search: helps you discover products based on images that inspire you.
Shops on Marketplace: more than 1 billion people use Marketplace each month, so we’re making it easy for businesses to bring their Shops into Marketplace to reach even more people.
Shops on WhatsApp: soon you’ll be able to view a Shop in WhatsApp so you can chat with a business before buying something. Businesses only need to set up their shop once to have it work across Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp.
Shop Ads: we’re launching new ads to personalize the shopping experience and point you to a Shop’s curated collection.
- Filed a patent for an AR hat.
- Is testing new animations when sharing a post in the news feed.
- Launched ‘Jumps’ feature to promote third-party apps and experiences within TikTok clips.
Built by third-party providers, Jumps are mini-programs and services that creators can link to within their videos. Users around the world can click these links to explore recipes, take quizzes, discover useful learning tools and much more, creating more dynamic and practical experiences for our community.
- Opened new office in Mexico City as it continues to expand.
- Launched new initiative to highlight SMBs selling products for a post-covid future.
- Announced ‘small biz day’ showcase event, which will include a new live-stream shopping experience.
- Made a major change to unlisted videos.
What is an unlisted video?
Unlisted is a setting for videos that can be viewed and shared by anyone with the link to that particular video, but don’t show up in search results or other tabs.
Unlisted videos uploaded before 2017 will be made Private starting on July 23, 2021.
- Added new product integration for pride week, enabling users to create physical pride flags.
- Announced a new music licensing agreement with Universal Music group.
- Announced expansion of ‘creator first’ funding program to creators in Brazil.
You can apply for the Creator First program from today using this form . Registrations will be reviewed as received with the first stage being completed on July 21, 2021 at 11:59 pm (Brasilia time). Please send us your question via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s all folks!
Please leave kind comments on anything I might have missed.